To inform and develop policies that restore the rights and ability of Americans to control their health finances and make cost-conscious decisions, leading innovators to develop services and products that best meet Americans’ needs and improve health care and health.
President, Paragon Health Institute.
Director, Private Health Reform Initiative
Paragon’s President, Brian C. Blase, PhD, developed, coordinated, and led implementation of many Trump administration health policies as a special assistant for economic policy at the White House’s National Economic Council from 2017-2019. Since leaving the White House, Brian launched Blase Policy Strategies, has authored nearly 20 research studies, and has had numerous articles in the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Forbes, and The Hill, among other outlets. Prior to working at the White House, Brian held senior roles at key committees in both the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate.
- Empowered individuals with good incentives and accurate information will lead to productivity-enhancing innovation, making health care cheaper, better, and more accessible.
- Americans’ general lack of financial control over their health care, combined with a lack of transparency of price and quality, results in significant wasteful spending.
- Excessive bureaucracy—often driven by government—adds unnecessary costs and increases frustration for patients, providers, and nearly every other medical supplier.
- Government often imposes harmful restrictions that prevent providers from best meeting patient needs and from adjusting capacity to meet community needs.
- Innovation should be responsive to real patient needs instead of reacting principally to government reimbursements.